d/e/1FAIpQLScHiXycH0Xr- MOq1dPNC4U_ omc74poiBqAbjTIb8mSwja9HZA/ viewform?usp=send_formGreetings Pack 168!The Pinewood Derby is approaching! Please join us for this fun event that is a Cub Scout tradition. Please use one entry per person- if there is a parent or sibling, please fill out another form.
Date: Sunday, February 26, 2017 (Correction: NOT the day of the daytona 500).
Time: 1:00 – 3:00 PM (approx.)Registration begins at 12:00 pm! Non-timed track testing will be allowed until 12:30pm.
Kiwanis Club of South Orlando
1940 Conway Gardens Road
Orlando, FL 32806
• Ribbons will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in each den.
• Trophies will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners Overall (whole pack).
• A trophy will also be awarded for overall "Best of Show," which awards the best Scout-made design/decoration as determined by a panel of adult judges.
Here is a link the rules (same as those for 2016), which we will be following on Sunday.
district/fortgatlin/wp- content/uploads/2016/01/Fort- Gatlin-District-Pinewood- Derby-Rules-2016.pdf-In general, weights can be attached to the vehicle however you wish, as long as the overall vehicle meets the dimensional standards provided in the rules.
-Judges do not examine the wheels on the track, they do however look for severely modified wheels.
-Only the official wheels are acceptable.
-Wheels can be sanded to remove surface imperfections, but the treads must be left flat.
As leaders, we request that everyone remember a few things:
• Remember to keep the space between the bottom of the car and the track clear of weights as we had a couple of problems last year. In other words, the 0.375" dimension on the rules link shown above is a minimum. I suggest a bit more, such as 0.4375" (7/16").
• We are using the same wooden and electronic scoring track as last year.
• We are hoping that the electronic finishing/timing system works again this year. If it does not work, it will be adults' eyeballs!
• We are there to have fun. The boys will be looking to us parents as examples of good sportsmanship.
• We will run a separate adult/siblings race for those cars. Please respond if you need more information.
Mark Jansen, CubmasterCub Scout Pack 168, Orlando, Florida